Last restored in the fabulous 1960's and this is how they lived. 60 years on, we live differently.
It's time! Bowra's decades long sole ownership is to be relinquished promising re-invention and a marvelous opportunity to transform desirable, fundamental elements and attributes to create a superb residence. Cul-dec-sac location handy to Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre, Schools, Bay Run, Bus, City West Link, Light Rail, Parks and Grounds, Doggie walks, Café's, Norton Street eateries and Orange Grove Markets.
Retaining many appreciable characteristics of the Federation era in an elevated street position.
- Free-standing, brick and tile
- High ceilings, spacious rooms,
- Period, ornate, character finishes
- Separate lounge room
- Sunroom with district outlook
- Natural light
- Timber and parquetry floors, detailed mouldings
- Spacious basement located laundry/ workshop, extensive sub-floor storage space
- Side passage from front to rear undercover area and grassy garden
- Wide, district and distant water views
- Rear lane - off street garaging potential [S.T.C.A.]
- 1960's electric mower not included in sale.
Council Rates $260.00 per quarter approx.
Water Rates $160.00 per quarter approx.
Land Size 186m2 approx.
Land: 186.00 sqm
Popular belief has it that the area was once farmland and was named for the lilies that reportedly grew in the fields. However, its name origin remains unclear. Lilyfield was originally part of the suburb of Leichhardt.
The most dominant landmark in the area is the former Callan Park hospital. This was built on land acquired from the Callan Estates, a property between Balmain Road and... Read More »